Reports are flooding in that Jared Leto’s band, 30 Seconds to Mars is breaking up. While many of their fans are doubting this, the truth is that this break up has been a long time coming. So why is the successful (yet somewhat douchey) rock band breaking up?
Before the release of their latest album, This Is War, Leto was over pretending to be rock star and tried severing his recording deal with Virgin Records. However, the label kindly reminded the band (with papers served by lawyers) that they had one more record and 18 months of promoting it left before their contract was up. So, instead of shelling out the dough, the band reformed, power-housed it in the studio and whipped out a new CD in December of 2009.
But now the year and a half is coming to a completion and the band can officially retire. Jared Leto has grown tired of being Bono and now just wants to play Kurt Cobain in peace. To you 30 Seconds to Mars fans, expect some Leto solos including Nirvana cover songs for the new Cobain biopic.
- destroy-yortsed likes this
- violentinside-beautifulandevil reblogged this from palpattine
- whorebatman reblogged this from palpattine
- buried-lies reblogged this from palpattine and added:
- nokturngasse reblogged this from sebastianstans and added:
- dancinghalo reblogged this from sebastianstans
- palpattine reblogged this from sebastianstans
- highwayskylinetk reblogged this from sebastianstans
- lyssatomars reblogged this from jesusleto and added:
- be-fine reblogged this from jesusleto
- shannonconda reblogged this from jesusleto and added:
- keepingupwiththeasgardians reblogged this from jesusleto
- getmeasuperhero reblogged this from jesusleto
- jesusleto reblogged this from kissthepunk
- kissthepunk posted this